Location: New York, NY
Classification: Part-Time, Seasonal
Immediate opening for a Career Assistant to join SEO College Scholars team in October 2018. SEO College Scholars supports over 825 graduates of NYC and San Francisco public high schools attending colleges across the country by providing year-round one-on-one personal, academic, and career-readiness support.
- Create, edit, and update college student resumes as needed for content and general formatting
- Review cover letters for formatting and content improvement
- Conduct in-person and over the phone mock interviews; provide feedback
- Assess and provide feedback for practice video interviews
- Outreach to students as necessary via email and phone to gather information to enhance application materials
Education and Work Experience:
- College degree (BA/BS), preferably in English, Communications, Journalism, or related field
- Minimum 2 years professional writing experience
- Exceptional communication skills: verbal, written, interpersonal (phone and in-person)
- Advanced MS Word 2016 skills and proficient in Google Drive
- Highly detail-oriented in approach to tasks and visually while working with a sense of urgency to meet goals and deadlines
- Prior experience working with high school and college students
- Specialized training in resume reviewing/writing/career assistance
Duration and Compensation:
- 3 – 4 months, with possible extension up to 9 months, 30-40 hours/week
- Please note: this is not a remote position, work will be done in our office during regular business hours
- Dates: October 2018-June 15, 2019; end date is flexible.
- $18-$20/hour depending on experience
Interested candidates should send their resumes and cover letters to Florence Capinding at CollegeScholars.Staffing@seo-usa.org and include “Career Assistant Position” in subject heading. Competitive salary commensurate with experience. No phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.